This privacy statement explains how we collect, use, disclose, and protect your personal information, including nonpublic personal information.
We encourage you to read our privacy statement whenever you connect with us so that you are aware of our information practices and how you may help protect your privacy. This privacy statement refers to the services supplied by OneCentral (hereinafter referred to as “we” or “us”).
2. Collection of Information
2.1 Information About Your Transactions With Us
As you use your OneCentral account to perform financial transactions, we collect nonpublic personal information in connection with each transaction, including transaction time, Naira amount, and other vital details. We may also collect photos, memos, or other information that you attach to your transactions.
2.2 Information From Other Sources
We may gather information, including non-public personal information about you from non-affiliated third-party service providers in order to authenticate your identity and prevent fraud, such as your names, when you register a OneCentral account.
2.3 Other Information we collect
We may gather personal data from you, such as your name, email address, and any other information you want to offer. For example, if you request an invite to join OneCentral or participate in a contest or promotion, we may gather such information.
2.4 Information We Collect Automatically from our Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you as follows:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information on our Services and other websites, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
2.5 Information we receive from other sources
We collaborate with third parties on a regular basis (including financial service providers, security agencies, etc). When we get information about you from them, we will contact you and let you know what we plan to do with it.
3. Use of Information
We may use your data, including non-public personal data, in the following ways:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations.
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service.
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by OneCentral and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you.
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services.
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content, or features that match user profiles or interests.
- Process and deliver contest or promotion entries and rewards.
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
OneCentral is based in Nigeria and the information we collect is governed by Nigerian law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to Nigeria and other countries.
4. Disclosure of Information
Any information we gather on current and past customers, including nonpublic personal information, may be disclosed to affiliates and non-affiliated third parties in the following ways:
- With financial service providers, including the financial institutions identified in your cardholder bank agreement that provide banking services in connection with your OneCentral account.
- With another user, when you sign up for OneCentral’s services via a referral link. The user that referred you may receive information indicating that you have enrolled with OneCentral. You may avoid this sharing by not using a referral link to enroll.
- With non-financial companies, such as email service providers that perform marketing services on our behalf, and fraud prevention service providers that use the information to provide services to OneCentral and other companies.
With other nonaffiliated companies for our everyday business purposes, such as to process transactions, maintain accounts, respond to court orders and legal investigations or report to credit bureaus. For example, in connection with our everyday business purposes, we may share information about you as follows:
- In response to a request for information, if we are required by, or we believe disclosure is in accordance with, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- With relevant law enforcement officials or other third parties, such as investigators or auditors, if we believe it is appropriate to investigate fraud.
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of OneCentral or others.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of OneCentral’s assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and,
- With your consent or at you r direction, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified Information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may share transaction zip codes with third parties to improve our accuracy in geo-locating transactions and to improve the clarity of transaction descriptions.
We will usually not share your personal information with other third parties without your consent. Where we need to transfer your data to another country, we shall ensure that such country to which the data is being transferred shall have adequate data protection law. We will seek your consent when we need to send your data to a country without an adequate data protection law.
OneCentral takes reasonable measures to help protect all information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Additionally, OneCentral implements policies designed to protect the confidentiality and security of your nonpublic personal information, including a privacy protection policy. OneCentral limits access to your nonpublic personal information to employees that have a business reason to know such information, and implement security practices and procedures designed to protect the confidentiality and security of such information and prohibit unlawful disclosure of such information in accordance with its policies.
Where you have chosen a password that allows you to access certain parts of the website and mobile application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone. We have also taken measures to comply with provision of security facilities for the protection of your nonpublic personal information through the set up of firewalls, limited access to specified authorized individuals, encryption and continuous capacity building for relevant personnel. We therefore have digital and physical security measures to limit and eliminate possibilities of data privacy breach incidents.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal information, the transmission of data over the internet (including by email) is never completely secure. We endeavor to protect personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
6. Where we store your Data
Your personal information will not be retained for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was processed.
7. How long do we keep your personal information
We will hold your personal information on OneCentral’s systems for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements.